Setting up credit card

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RT70
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Setting up credit card

New to this whole MYOB program.  Do I setup company credit cards as Bank Accounts ?  How do I then pay the Credit Card from the company Bank Account ?  Thanks, Di.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Setting up credit card

Hi @RT70 

You would commonly set up a credit card as a liability account with the type of account being Credit card in the Chart of accounts. 

When the account has been set up like that, you can use the account as the Pay from account on withdrawal-based transactions i.e. spend money or supplier payment transactions.

When you have made a payment on that account to the credit card provider you would be looking at doing a Spend money transaction from the required bank account to the credit cred account.

Also, as you are new to the software you might want to check out the self-paced training modules that do have to get acquainted with the software. The best part is that most of the courses are FREE. Check out MYOB Academy for a full range of courses. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post