Setup loan account to purchase business

francamm
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Setup loan account to purchase business

Hi, I'm setting up MYOB for a friend who is loaning $9000 from her parents to purchase a business. 10% has already been paid directly to the vendor from her personal account (not come through her trading account), and the parents have deposited the remaining 90% into the trading account.  I have set up a liability account for the loan, but if I allocate the received funds of $8,100 to that loan, then when the final payment to the vendor is made, the loan account will be zero.... can someone please help me with how this should be set up?  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Re: Setup loan account to purchase business

Hi @francamm

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. 

In this situation, we recommend you speak to your accountant for personalized advice based on your friend's specific financial situation. It's important to confirm with your accountant the most appropriate way to record those transactions and ensure accurate reporting.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers,   
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post