Bank Reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Angie_MSA4x4
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Reconciliation

Hi there, i have a problem with one of my bank accounts not reconciling.  The thing is it does reconcilie, the Trial balance and the balance sheet are correct, however when in the reconciling window it states i am out by $10.  

Very frustrating, I have gone back 12 months and checked opening and closing balances and all are correct.  It seems that there is a glitch in the system?

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Bank Reconciliation

Hi @Angie_MSA4x4 

Thank you for your post. Did this occur after your Essentials was upgraded? If that is the case then it could be due to a reconciliation being saved but not recorded previously.

I recommend checking through the steps in our Help Article - Check your MYOB business after upgrading.

If that does not resolve your issue, can you check to see if the previous reconciliation date, is actually the correct date. If it is not looking right, there are some troubleshooting steps we can do to get the program to refresh the information.

To do this:

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts.  
  2. Change the statement date to 01/11/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
  3. Enter the Calculated closing balance into the Closing bank statement balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00. 
  4. Press the Reconcile button.
  5. After it's reconciled, Click undo.
  6. Confirm by clicking Yes, undo reconciliation.
  7. See if the balance and the date is showing correctly now.

If the above does not help, could you reply with a screenshot of the reconcile accounts window and the last 4 digits of your Serial Number?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post