Bank feds and bank rules

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
leomcc01
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank feds and bank rules

After the latest upgrade my bank feeds don't work and the bank rules were set to non-automatic. I ahve since turned on that function but they don't run.

What needs to occu to get this going?

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Bank feds and bank rules

Hi @leomcc01 

Thank you for your post. Prior to the update, there was no Rule Type in the Manage Bank Rules screen whereas the upgraded version needs aclassification for the Bank Rule Type.

It sounds like the rules you had previously may be rules that were previously not supported. Here is some of the rules that may have been affected:

• Amount Equals and allocated by $ Amount
  • Amount allocated to Equity account or Retained Earnings account
  • Contains conditions using OR, which have a combined total of more than 255 characters
  • Migrated rules that have the condition Contains and 'DEPOSIT', 'WITHDRAWAL', 'BANK CHARGES', or 'INTEREST CHARGES'

If it was one of the above, you'll need to edit your rules to remove these words or replace them with other words that appear in the bank transaction.

This Help Articles has detailed information and examples on the changes: Check your MYOB business after upgrading: Review your bank feed rules.

If it was not caused by the upgrade, do let me know. Sending screenshots with examples showing it not working will help in reproducing the error.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post