Unbalanced trasaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Marta_BHE
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Unbalanced trasaction

Manually added the accounts and amounts to a bank transaction, the total value is matching and still unable to save. There is no rounding or three digits anywhere, as I made sure to type the values using only two decimals. 

What could be causing the issue?

Unbalanced bank transaction _Capture.JPG
14 REPLIES 14
paulhowlett27
9 Posts
User
Australia

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unbalanced trasaction

My boss was having this issue yesterday and I'm having it today, did you find any answers?

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @Marta_BHE@paulhowlett27

Thanks for your posts. This is something that has been raised with our product teams and they are currently investigating, in the meantime they have advised of one of the two work arounds below:

1. Delete the values from the dollar side and re-enter via the percentage field in the allocate window instead OR
  2. Enter a spend money or receive money transaction instead and match it to the bank feed transaction

Additionally, I have indicated to our team that you've been impacted by this situation.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KayeC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same issue and have been unable to allocate split transactions since Friday.  There are too many to mess about with.  There must have been an update last week that caused the problem as it is a normal practise.

When do you estimate the problem will be rectified.

CathyR
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same problem. Is there a limit to number of accounts a transcaction can be costed to?

CathyR
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

No this is not helpful. my transaction allocation has too many entries to make this work.

Marta_BHE
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

What Melissa_D recommended - which i haven't tried as it is too timeconsuming to work out the negative and positive percentages - might work for you??

I decided to simply deleted certain lines of the transactions, and i'm going to put that through as a General Journal.

Marta_BHE
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I had these 'unbalanced transaction' errors since i migrated over to the business pack in October. I thought I was doing something wrong, and just went around it by using General Journal transactions... Obviously it wasn't me.

As a past user of MYOB AccountRight (which i never had issue with, but became so expensive I couldn't afford to keep using), i compare this Business pack to that one, and I see sooooo many things being wrong with this  pack...

I never thought the day would come when I lose trust in MYOB, but i'm affraid it has arrived Smiley Sad 

If i have suspected how many weeks i was going to waste trying to find alternative ways to do glitching transaction, 4 months ago before i transitioned over, i wouldn't have choosen to use this package, even if it was free - unfortunately i didn't know.

I'm beyond disappointed, and regretful. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Polly33
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same issue.  0 to balance and says that it is an unbalance account and will not save. I have tried refereshing, logging out and asking others. Has been occurring since yesterday Smiley Sad 

KayeC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Even split into 2 accounts won't work.  This is a programming issue!!  Something has changed recently!!

Screenshot_20230206_095725.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post