Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Hiding discount column - bug detected

13Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

13 Posts
User
New
New

The solution to a previous MYOB Community post dated July 2020 stated:

If the discount column is not used i.e. left at 0.00%, when generating the invoice within MYOB Business the PDF/email copy of the invoice will not contain that column.

However the posted solution does not hold true in the following circumstance: If a blank row is inserted in the invoice, then the PDF/email copy of the invoice DOES contain the 0.00% discount.

This appears to be a bug. I required the use of the blank row, which MYOB have thoughtfully provided. Like many other MYOB users, I do not want to issue an Invoice advising my customers that they are not getting a Discount. MYOB have also provided a solution for this - except it doesn't always work, as described above.

3 Comments
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, @Neil59

Thanks for your post.

Upon replicating the concern, it is true that when there is no discount entered in the invoice, the discount column will not be included once the invoice has been generated. If you wish not to include the discount column, you can leave it blank. On the other hand, if you want it to be included in the invoice, then you will need to enter a figures on the discount column.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

Neil59
13 Posts
User

Thanks Doreen

I understand the discount column works as you have explained. However, it doesn't work when blank row is created and text is entered in the blank row. In this case, the discount column is no longer hidden. Please see attached image.

Invoice-00006190r.jpg

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, @Neil59

We understand how important it is to hide the discount column, especially when there is no discount to be applied. With that, it is great that you were able to post your feedback regarding your concern, which will be very helpful to consider for future updates.

Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter any issues.

Best regards,

Doreen