squinny
Contributing Cover User
3 months ago
New

MYOB Business online - ability to change pay week start

We have used MYOB Accountright for many years and we are currently attemptying to transfer to  Business online to make it easier when we are away/out of town. 

The pay week is not able to be changed to start on another day other than Sundays.

The temporary solution suggested is to enter the hours over 2 screens, which means saving in between and moving back and forth between screens. We require the ability to look at the hours for 1 payweek on 1 screen as it is in Accountright.

I will need to continue to enter hours in timesheets in Accountright and then complete all other aspectrs in Business online.

9 Comments

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, squinny 

Thanks for your post.

If you wish to change the start date of your pay week, you can always do so by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences window appears.
    • In the System tab, select the I Use Timesheets for [...] and My Week Starts on [...] preference.
    • If you want to use timesheets to record:
      • activity slips as well as payroll information, select Time Billing and Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list.
      • payroll information only, select Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list.
    • Select the first day of your timesheet period from the My Week Starts on [...] list, enter the first day of your timesheet period. Note that if you just use timesheets for payroll and your pay period starts on a different day each period, for example, you pay monthly, you can select any day.
    • Click OK.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

squinny
    Contributing Cover User

Hi Doreen,

This process works in AccountRight but not in Business Online. It is not possible to use timesheets in Business Online. I have been unable to change the start day for payroll in Business Online either, even though it is correct in AccountRight and has been since I started using it many years ago.

Thanks.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, squinny

Thanks for your response.

If you are using MYOB Business/Essentials, you can always change the 'week starts on' by clicking your Business name > Payroll Settings > General payroll information and then Timesheets. Please see the screenshot below.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

squinny
    Contributing Cover User

Hi again Doreen,

Yes I had done that previously and it says the correct day of the week for that business.  But when you open a timesheet it starts at Sunday. If I attempt to enter hours anyway and then click SAVE, it pops up with the message "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. I have been told by a MYOB representative that this is a known issue. it also pops up with a search on the Community Forum.

My other business' payweek starts on a Monday so the set parameters are fine and I can enter hours and process pays from there without any problem.

So I am now using AccountRight and Business online. :( 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, squinny

Thank you for updating us.

Kindly send us a screenshot of the general payroll information and the timesheet showing it has two different days. This will help us to further assist you with this. Regarding the error message, please check the user to access to see if payroll is ticked. To check it, click your business name > user access and then select your access.

Best regards,

Doreen

squinny
    Contributing Cover User

Hi Doreen,

I am the only person to use MYOB in our businesses, plus our accountant logs in sometimes to view or assist.

I checked my access details and it said that I had Owner access which means access to everything. However the check boxes for all of the details below were not checked so I did that and restarted MYOB Business online but it doesn't seem to have altered anything.

Attached are the 2 screenshots that you requested and the MYOB pages that acknowledges this issue, and the solution suggested that is supposedly temporary but I know this was an issue for myself in August 2023 when I was away. Plus as I explained previously, not suitable.

The last screenshot is of an attempted save of a timesheet. Monday and Tuesday are previously processed from previous pay run in Accountright. I entered hours in Wed/Thurs/Fri and attempt to save, then receive this error message.

Thanks Doreen. I appreciate you attempting to assist me, but I think it is a software issue.

MYOB known errors sectionspecific errorGeneral payroll settings - Week starts Wedtimesheet starts Sunday

attempted save of timesheet

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, squinny

Yes that is correct. This is issue is still under investigation especially when the actual start of your week is Wednesday but showing Sunday in timesheets. We were able to relay this to the relevant team. In the meantime, change the day their timesheets begin on.

Please feel to post again if you encounter any issues. We are here to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

squinny
    Contributing Cover User

If I change the start day to Monday, the timesheet reflects that. BUT when I add hours and attempt to save, I receive the same error message. So timesheets do not work in MYOB Business Online.

Thanks Doreen.

QUESTION FOR MYOB - When will this be rectified MYOB? Hopefully before the subscription price increase coming into effect from 1 April 2024.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, squinny

Thank you for your response.

We haven't received any updates when this will be rectified. Once we have an update from the right team, we will keep you posted. We thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Doreen