Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
woodvillednk
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

I can't understand why this wouldnt have been included when adding the annual leave or personal leave. Just doesnt even make sense. It is needed as an absolute priority.

LizSiewert
5 Posts
Cover User

Please add long service leave accrual tracking.

TaniaTidal
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hey it has been 6 years and we still don't have this or an Entitlement Detail Report.   Any news in when it will be available.

Devil2c
1 Post
User

Why hasn't long service leave been addeed to payroll yet?

stanthorpevets
1 Post
User

Long service leave. As it is compulsory to pay it, why would it not be automatically calculated from the employee's first pay. I would definately utilise this. Obviously, from when i started myob essentials forward. I have recently had to calculate it by hand as i have not been on myob essentials for 10 years. It wsa qutie difficult as the employee had been from casual to part time to full time to part time. very time consuming.

ben8465
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB when are you going to include LSL in Essentials?

Don't send me more surveys asking for feedback when you're clearly not listening to existing feedback.

I can't even upgrade to your AccountRight package that does have LSL as your own internally developed products don't allow seamless upgrading. I would have to setup from sratch, and if I'm going to do that I might as well move to one of your competitors who has better customer service and offers product options relevant to 2020.

Trekmere
1 Post
User

LSL is essential part of Payroll and it should be included on MYOB Essentials - please update your software to include it.

Essentials
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner

Don't understand why LSL is not tracked in Essentials.  

This is a critical aspect of employee entitlements and needs to be accurately recorded. Seems a backward step for us to be keeping Excel spreadsheets in relation to LSL when other entitlements are in the system.

possum1
1 Post
User

I also believe that this Long Service Leave function is essential for small business owners, can't actually believe that it is not already included.

PGW
1 Post
User

Agree