Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
Nataliecarole
5 Posts
User

Yes! Add LSS! How can we add, track and pay? LSS pay is an ESSENTIAL requirement of employee pay! I can't believe MYOB Essentials doesn't have it - I would not have purchased if I had known it wasn't available.

ianpoco
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Definitely, need to be part of the program as it is hard to track LSS in a spreadsheet. If we have a system it should be in there

MossmanPandC
1 Post
User

This post was 2014 and this function is still not available. As it is a legal requirement to track long service leave in Australia surely this is a function that should be standard in all versions. Do you have nay idea of a possible timeframe for this inclusion? Paying for an accounting system and then having to use a different system to track accurals is a bit archic!

Nataliecarole
5 Posts
User

It's about time Myob Essentials tracked Long Service Leave.

Not only is it essential to know when your employees are due LSL, you need to know how much they have remaining - and how that relates to your payroll liabilities.

The whole point of having Essentials is that all your accounting information and employee pay information is in one place (no matter where you are in the world or on whichever device you happen to be using at that time)

ADD IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to the lack of this essential feature and the ever-annoying MYOB 2FA, we are looking at other online accounting solutions. Quickbooks has more features and is $25pm cheaper ($300pa saving). Am getting sick and tired of MYOB taking us for a ride - we have spent tens of thousands with MYOB over the last decade or so - but we're still treated like excrement.

ben8465
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When is Long Service Leave accruals coming as this is dated back in 2014, some 4 years ago...?? It's 2018 and this function isn't available on MYOB Essentials yet other competitor products do!

KerrieE
1 Post
Cover User

We have a lot of long term employees and LSL accrual is needed urgently.

Surveyor188
3 Posts
Cover User

I would really like to see long service leave accrual added to MYOB Essentials

HDS19
1 Post
Cover User

We have recently transferred to MYOB Essentials and find that not being able to calculate long service accrual is quite a problem.  It is inconvenient both to employer and employee not to have this information at hand.

If MYOB can make this available in the next software update, I am sure that it would be appreciated and beneficial to all.  Thank you.

stevenoakes
1 Post
Cover User

Payroll software needs to cover all employer obligations as a minimum and should be a matter of priority. Thanks

ben8465
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

How many more votes or requests need to be made to make this happen? I'd rather see this core function be developed than other non-value adding items in MYOB Essentials.