Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

357 Comments
_-_-_-_-_
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Stuckster yeah we used the migration service, then I tried doing it myself after they didn't include all the data.

I got most of it in, just had issues getting it all linked up, and needed more time to do it, which trying to do it all at the beginning of July was a bit too much.

If this issue doesn't get fixed or I get sick of the plague of other MYOB issues I might try a bit before so I am ready next year.

Tjaltjraak1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

MYOB seems to be more interested trying to sell us add ons that are not required.

MYOB AccountRight prices for not for profits doubled this year, but I cannot say that we get better value for money.

I understand that it takes time to develop products and add ons but it should not take 10 years to develop something that is  seems relatively simple and widely requested.

MYOB is too busy trying to sell us finance facilities and payroll package add ons to pay attention to what customers actually need and want.

Granville
6 Posts
User

I called them twice with utmost frustration in the past and have been active on this forum too. 
they have a firewall in the Philippines that takes all the heat, and they sit here and take all our money. I am changing over to XERO.. this is enough!! 

10Y''s!!!! and yet they are getting to it!! Unbelievable. 

SPELDNZ
6 Posts
User

Hi All, 

I am not sure if you all had a survey of MYOB message, I gave them a 1 with the big comment due to emailing receipt option not working, in the hope if more of you score them low that they maybe will put attention to it. 

Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

...and just got the email informing us of another increase to subscription fees.
Start planning for the switch to Xero for Jul 1.

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

20 years I have been requesting the option to email receipts.  Now MYOB say they have listened to members are are implementing a new look.  Nothing about the over 300 comments about emailing receipts.  MYOB is not listening to its members.  Not happy!!

Theresa123
1 Post
User

This is a no brainer and the fact this is not standard blows my mind.  Who prints these days?  Its all very well to say print to PDF but then you have to go looking for the clients email address from the MYOB file and when you are in the type of business that doesn't repeatedly invoice the same customer and/or you are receipting several people a day this is very time consuming!