Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

357 Comments
Dave_D
15 Posts
Cover User

It's hard to understand why the abitily to email receipts still hasn't be addressed. I'm trying hard to convert all my customers to an email base yet I have to 'post' them a receipt should they require one!

Ray27
1 Post
User

This idea (emailing of receipts from MYOB) has been suggested since 2013. it is now 2015 when will this idea become a reality? I have subscribed to account right live and don't appear to have this function.     

RuthE
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi ,

Just wanting to know how to email a receipt , when a payment has been made on an account ( sales)  you can go to print receipt but there is no option to email.

We have had quite a few customers wanting a receipt emailed like we do with invoices and statements.

Can you please help me

Thanks

RuthE

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I think you mean email a remittance.

RuthE
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Kelly81,

No I mean when a customer has Directly Deposited a payment on there account

and request a receipt of payment via email.

We have a print receipt, when which you scanned onto the computer

and then email to customer.

But I was wanting a direct link from the payment receipts ( Sales) to email out receipt.

Thanks

RuthE

Custreceipts
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This should be a simple fix....Comments dating back to 2013 state the fix was planned for Account Right Live users.  I am one of those users and no the change has not been implemented.  Not impressed!!

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @Custreceipts , I have sheared your concerns with the team and hopefully we see this implemented in the near future.

Tallongpark
1 Post
Cover User

I've been hoping for some time that MYOB would get into the 21st century with emailing of receipts as we do with statements and invoices. But with each update, alas, it's disappointing to find it hasn't happened. It seems this has been requested for at least the last 3 years; how hard can it be? 

I have many receipts to send by snail mail, but it is infinitely quicker than the alternative with MYOB. I've even had customers asking why I don't email receipts. When I tell them they think it's crazy.

Come on MYOB, just do it!!

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @mumow@Ray27, and @Tallongpark,

Thank you for your comments. This idea is indeed a popular one, and it is clear that a lot of clients are hoping to see this implemented.

As the status states, this is currently being looked into to be incorporated into AccountRight. While no ETA has been made available as of yet, when it is in development, the status will change to reflect this accordingly.

Anyone else who would like to see this feature implemented into future releases, please vote for the idea by clicking on the '+VOTE' option next to the subject heading.

Cheers,

Tallie

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is so dissappointing to note that nothing has been done to add the email receipt function to MYOB.  Printing to PDF and then emailing is soooooo time consuming. 

Another fix for my problem is to allow more than one receipt to print on the A4 paper.  This was a feature in the old MYOB.  I used to fit 7 receipts to a page, print them out, cut them up and distribute them.  Now you can only print 1 (ONE) receipt per A4 page, the receipts are 4 lines long and what a waste of paper this would be.

Please make this a priority in the next update.