Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Done

Installation: Prevent Clearwater/Sample files from being installed

Please can Clearwater files be an OPTIONAL addon.

I have used MYOB for over 20 years and do not need to have it syncing on One Drive and wasting my bandwith. As I am in Australia I especially do not need a NZ version as well.

Surely if it can not be made an option it can be at least seperated into the relevant countries.

I know I can remove the sample files - and I do - but whenever there is a change they come back. Apart from my own PC I then have to do this for all the installed PC's at work - this is a really annoying time wasting nuisance.

"remove Clearwater'

6 Comments

MadeUpName
    Contributing Cover User

Please, guys - this is important!

This is hugely inconvenient for users and a huge waste of resources. It's been going on for ages and nobody seems to care.

Are you aware that customers can vote with their feet?

Tina1959
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Ruth

To remove the files it depends where they are stored - mine are in my One Drive File - Documents, MYOB, Account Right, 2020.2, Samples.

I just highlight and delete the files stored in samples which are called Clearwater.

If yours are somewhere else if you search Clearwater you can find them that way

• Thank you . I've done that but there seem to be a multitude and they keep showing up! I will keep deleting!

Tina1959
    Experienced Cover User

Yes and unfortunately every time there is a new upgrade they get installed again! WE run the server edition so I need to do it on everyone's computer every time there is a change - total waste of time!