Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoicing: Changing from Order to Bill should not change user-entered Description.

Experienced Cover User

17Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I use a generic item number \Hardware (description = 'Hardware') in item purchases for items that don't warrant a unique item number. I edit the Description to suit the thing being purchased. If I accidentally enter my purchase in an Order and, before saving, change to a Bill, all the Descriptions that I have changed revert to 'Hardware'. VERY frustrating. Please either flag the Description as having been changed by the user or just use the Descriptions from the Order when creating the Bill. Same problem exists if changing from a Bill to an Order

1 Comment
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @LesGrant,

Thanks for putting your suggestion on our Product Ideas board for consideration. I understand how it can be bothersome when the item descriptions automatically switch to 'Hardware' when you toggle between an order and a bill. This is a feature of the software to keep item descriptions uniform. However, I acknowledge that this might not be ideal for you, and we're open to your feedback.

In the meantime, feel free to start a new post anytime you require further assistance. 

Kind regards,

Shella