Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Job List - Hide inactivate job

Experienced Cover User

40Posts

148Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

The Job List screen is great, however I find it frustrating that I can't remove (hide) inactive jobs. I also don't understand why I can't make a Header Job inactive and have all sub-jobs be marked as inactive. This would save a lot of time. 

"Customisable Job List View and Easier 'Mark Inactive' Options"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Jobs window will showcase the list of jobs without inactive jobs being listed. Want to see inactive jobs? There is an on-screen option to show inactive jobs.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will show both (active and inactive) jobs in the Jobs List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive. 

42 Comments
VickiMcClelland
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

QUERIED PREVIOUSLY HOWEVER MYOB HAVE INCORRECTLY MARKED AS "DONE"

REQUIRE OPTION TO HIDE INACTIVE JOBS WHEN USING DESKTOP VERSION OF MYOB

I have recently moved across from AccountEdge (Mac) to AccountRight and am disappointed to see that there is no option to hide inactive jobs which has been an option in AccountEdge for some years.  It was just a checkbox to hide/unhide inactive jobs.  Can this please be considered in future updates as this option is available in AccountEdge so I wouldnt think it would be too difficult to include in AccountRight.  Maybe employ some of the software developers for AccountEdge seeing as MYOB are no longer supporting it as it was a great software package and Jobs was far superior to AccountRight.  I could even attach documents to jobs which is also unavailable in AccountRight.  Thanks

PowerC
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have tried to do a report on MYOB today and had to individually choose vehicles from the Job List by their Rego number.  I have them all under the Sub Job of Vehicles but there is no way to choose this and therefore choose a group.  I wonder why there is even a Sub Job when you can't list it??    I tried to do what is said above to choose not to see inactive in the online version, but this wouldnt work at all, the page froze every time.  Probably because we have SO many items in our Job list, as they are impossible to get rid of.