Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Child Support Protected Earnings

Cover User

1Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

It would help if in a future MYOB releave that a standard payroll category deduction was created for Child Support payments which includes the Government stipulated Protected Earnings threhhold.

If that happened then the Child Support amount could be entered for each employee and if they earn less than the protected earnings threshold, then the Child Support would not automatically deduct.

Seeing that a large number of people are subject to Child Support payments, and that many employees are now Part Time or Casual, this really should be a standard MYOB feature.

"Child Support Protected Earnings"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the fantastic idea. We would love for other users to vote and leave further comments.

14 Comments
Mark_H
Experienced Partner
20 Posts
Experienced Partner

This is an abslute necessity. There are increasing numbers of employees on child support and the protective earnings is a critical threshold functionality which seriously needs inclusion in MYOB.

Many people are now working casual or part time employment where from week to week they can be below the protective earnings threshold. 

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the fantastic idea. We would love for other users to vote and leave further comments.
DRTarps
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I totally agree, this function should be in MYOB and it needs to be added urgently.

We have received another notice from Childsuport for the Protective Earnings.

MC33
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can someone tell me if this has been implemented yet?

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @MC33

This is currently not in the latest upgrade of AccountRight, you can find the latest improvements in this link here - AccountRight 2015.3 is now available  

I encourage more users to vote and comment on this idea to get it into future upgrades. 

Sharon-68
1 Post
Cover User

This would be a great function as I have a casual employee that this will come into play and now I have to watch his hours every week to ensure that he is still receiving his protected earnings.

If this could be done ASAP

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sharon-68

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

lsdf2005
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Just wondering if this will be implemented soon? We need this as a standard feature as soon as possible.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lsdf2005

Thank you for your enquiry into this idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as Under Consideration. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be marked for development/ implemented into the program. However we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this added to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Craven
3 Posts
Cover User

A protected earnings threshold that can be linked for child support deductions will be a welcome improvement to guarantee deductions are not inadvertently made for employees earning under the threshold.