Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Change category on closed Bills

Cover User

5Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi MYOB,

It would be great if you were able to change categories of a purchases even after the bill has been paid. You can do it before you make a payment but once the payment is made then you cannot change it.

Very frustrating.

Thanks
Marco.

"Changing Categories of paid bills"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Hi Marco, Thank you for your feedback. Currently the program is designed to not allow any changes to Bills / Invoices with payments applied to them. This applies to all transactions that have had any transaction (like a Pay Bills on a Bill, Electronic Payment of a Payroll transaction) applied to it. We request others who would like this change to please Vote on this idea.

13 Comments
Rapid58
1 Post
User

This is definately a requirement for accurate cost capturing, however I doubt this will be changed.

FE2dDCb1
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Good Morning 

Just wondering if anything has changed here re allocating categories to 'Closed Bills'. Realising this thread was from 2013... 

But by looking at my MYOB file, I feel that this sadly may not have changed? 

Does anyone have any suggestions of another way around this? 

Kind Regards

Jocelyn 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,165 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @FE2dDCb1,

Thank you for your feedback. 

Typically, the prioritization of ideas for development is driven by customer votes, emphasizing the significance of each concept. While your suggestion could potentially benefit numerous businesses, it unfortunately did not receive enough votes to be prioritized at this time. However, MYOB is continuously working on improving and adding new features based on the needs of our users. While I don't have a workaround to suggest at this moment, rest assured that it may be considered for inclusion in future development plans.

Please feel free to start a new post again if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess