Dale
MYOB Staff
12 years ago
Done

Reports: Simplified customisation processes

The whole process of trying to get what you want in your report is now way too complicated when you look at how easy it was in previous versions. 

One of the big complaints of people purchasing MYOB previously was that it was a complicated programme (I believe because you really needed some accounting knowledge to be able to use it successfully) - but now they have only made it more complicated.

"Make the process of customising reports simpler"

15 Comments

• Hi Tech Team,

The Card List Detailed report in 2012.10 does not give me the Field Options as does V19.7.  When I select Additional Fields I get to choose the User ID, what is the use of the User ID! Please bring back the "Report Customision" window for ALL reports.  This was less time consuming and a lot a options.

Thank you

Carmen Geeves

Julie_B
      Trusted User

Definitely need this back please - sometimes I'm only looking for a few field's info, not all of it.

TonyLane
      Ultimate Cover User

Hi Carmen,

You appear to have confused 'Field Options' with the 'Additional Filters' option which is the only option in that report that has any reference to 'User ID' and it is new.

The 'Report Customisation' window does still exist for all reports; all you need to do is click the 'Insert/Modify' tab of the report to do your customisation.

I have done a comparison between outputs from both V19 and V2012.10 for the Card List [Detail] Report and have found that there are 2 minor omissions from V2012.10 (Card Status & Tax ID), however there are other additional labels and values.  You are welcome to contact me at the email address shown below my signature on this comment for that output comparison in PDF format.

I have reported the omissions stated above, separately to MYOB Development.

Kind Regards
      Tony Lane - Tazinx - Ulverstone - Tasmania
      Email: myob4me@tazinx.com.au

Running AR2012.10 with "Win 7 Home Premium on Intel Core i5CPU @ 2.80GHz 3.00 GHz 32-bit, 4GB (3.23 GB usable RAM) desktop PC and 400GB Free space"

This is general information only and you should consider if this is appropriate for you.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Unless you know where to look, it's not easy to find the extra fields you can add. For the average user, this would just equate to "MYOB can't do that" - and hence more bad comments.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thanks for the idea. We would love to hear from other users how we could improve reports. We understand it's daily practice running reports for a lot of users and small changes could make a big difference.
    TonyLane
    Ultimate Cover User

This new idea should also seek to reinstate the 'Reports' and 'Reports' icons functionality missing from the new AR 201X.X products in the 'Reports & Forms' tab from Preferences.

See Below:-

Preferences - Missing Functionality.jpg

• Status changed:
    Open
    to
    Done

Hi Everyone

Reports in the AccountRight browser interface are easily customised using the PDF style templates for easier production of PDFs. If you are wishing to easily customise the report on screen you would use the screen report toolbar once the report has been generated - here you can set your filters, accounting method and other options as well as add columns using the Customise button. Check out Customising reports for more information on this topic.