Forum Discussion

Veronika
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Customised User Roles

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can assist.  I know how to create and update user roles but my client is looking something quite specific.

I need to create a customised user role for sales where the user is allowed to create and change a sales order and convert this to an invoice but once it becomes an invoice, the user is no longer allowed to make any further changes to the sales invoice. Is that possible to do?

Thank you

V

• Hi Veronika

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand there are use cases for editing what a user can and can't do in the application. There is a deeper customization for the user roles in the application. Unfortunately, these customizations do not extend to what you are trying to achieve. I recommend reading through this article, Set up Roles. This will show you how to customize the user roles. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Veronika

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand there are use cases for editing what a user can and can't do in the application. There is a deeper customization for the user roles in the application. Unfortunately, these customizations do not extend to what you are trying to achieve. I recommend reading through this article, Set up Roles. This will show you how to customize the user roles. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

Veronika
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Genreve, I thought that might be the case.

V

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Veronika

Thanks for the response. 

I recommend posting this as a suggestion to the Product Ideas board for the development team to see. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
        Genreve