Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales {Item Detail} add necessary field to report

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New
New

Difficulty with the  the report “Sales {Item Detail}

It only provides the the Description of the Item Number. What I actually want is the the “Description” field from the invoice (Field 15 in an export of all fields of item sales)

In this way if you are selling an item with, for example, some custom features like colours, you can run a report on that item with more detail.

Currently I have to have another program to get the necessary information!

Regards

Geoff Young

6 Comments
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @GeoffYoung

Thank you for posting. 

I believe we are referring to the item details instead of the sales detail. The item details could be added to the same report (Sales Item Detail) under the show/hide columns. Also, If we are to for the item details we could also run a report for inventory items instead. Here is the help article Add and remove report columns to help you with the process. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve

GeoffYoung
4 Posts
User

What you are suggesting does not work as the key is I want report by item number (field 13 THAP) and the edited description from the invoice (Field 15 FROM THE SALES INVOICE)

Field 1 Customer

Field 13 Item Number (key) I want this report

Field 15 Description from invoice (Not Item Number)

GeoffYoung
4 Posts
User

What you are suggesting does not work as the key is I want report by item number (field 13 THAP) and the edited description from the invoice (Field 15 FROM THE SALES INVOICE)

Field 1 Customer

Field 13 Item Number (key) I want this report

Field 15 Description from invoice (Not Item Number)2023-06-30.png

GeoffYoung
4 Posts
User

Hi Genreve_s

You are also neglecting the fact that all ITEMS are not necessarily Inventory, in my report they are NOT

Regards

Geoff

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @GeoffYoung

Thanks for the information. 

Currently, the item details on the reports are not being pulled out from the invoice instead are being pulled out from the items information. I could understand how this feature would make the app more flexible. Rest assured we will raise this suggestion to the development team. 

If you need any other assistance feel free to let me know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Geoffy
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you Genreve, 

that's correct. It's the description from the invoice that is important. 

thank you