Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sending Invoices by email to Specific Customers by the End of Day.

Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

We have a big customer list and some of our customers need invoices emailed at the end of the day but if we send to all then there are many who don't want the invoices emailed to them.

Is there any way we can use a custom field in the Advanced filter of Print/Email Invoices; so that we can select all those customers who were flagged for daily invoices. Any option to utilize a custom field in the Advanced filter for Print/Email Invoices will be very helpful but currently this option is not there.

Selecting specific customers for sending invoices.png
5 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Cuisinecorp , can you use the (Customer) "Selected:" dropdown at the top right of that window, or am I missing something?

Cuisinecorp
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi Mike,

Customer Selected will only select one customer at a time where as we have a big list who want invoces by the end of the day. A Custom Field attached to those customers will be very useful to do the task with a few clicks. 

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Cuisinecorp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Thank you @Mike_James for sharing insights into this issue. As for this matter, I understand that you want to set customers for delivery preference. The default delivery status is set for the customer. You can check out this Help Article: Print or email sales, has more information. 

If you need further assistance with this, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Cuisinecorp
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi @Celia_B,

I will try this tip (it looks handy) but I am thinking of a scenario where after sending invoices by email to all those customers (who have been marked as Invoice delivery method  "to be emailed"); the status flag in the invoice will become "Already Printed or Sent". In that case it will again be a manual selection of customers if we have to send the invoices again (some times email despatch is failed). A Custom field to mark any specific customers for the purpose of sending invoices by email; some customers ask for invoices daily; some ask on a specific day of the week and some ask monthly. The custom field can really help in this regard.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Cuisinecorp,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. 

In this regard, I understand that using the custom field could be more convenient in setting the customers' preferences when sending invoices. However, you can only set up the customers preferences by going to card file >>card list. We appreciate your effort in posting on our Idea Exchange Boards for sharing your ideas. Rest assured this is looked at as a priority. 

Let me know if you require further assistance with this or if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards, 

Cel