Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Expired session

Contributing Cover User

8Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

I have a client that quite often gets the message that the session has expired due to inactivity. While I (the bookeeper) am there, the file is always in use, so I rarely see this message.

The client would LOVE to be able to turn this function OFF. (they would then take full responsibility for the 'protection' of their file)

There has been more than one occasion when they have gone to MYOB, spent -in some cases condierable-time entering an invoice for a customer at the counter, on the phone or producing a quote, only to have the system say (at the END of the entry) that the session has expired, and having to re-enter all the information.

"Your session has expired"

Thankyou.

14 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @lynden

I have just responded to your post on Timeout Error 

dlewis
1 Post
Cover User

The login-timeout that occurs after not using the program for a few hours is just a hassle

I only use MYOB a few times a day. On most occasions I have to log in again, every time I use it. This is extremely annoying when I have someone on the phone that needs information. The whole thing is just a nuisance.

Can you come up with an over ride if I don't want to use timeouts or at least let me adjust the amount of time before the timeouts

Regards Dave

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We would also like this to be a 'customer' setting. As volunteers we are frequently distracted by other tasks and seem to need to re-login several times per day.

Jeff_AccAddons
Valued Partner
147 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree with this

Its frustrating when you spend time actioning a task like creating an entry and when you go to save it you get this message and have to start again

If you need to keep this feature then at least show it upon activating the sofware. Dont allow people to do work in the system and then force them to start again and cause them to waste their time. Its very clumsy and annoying. If you have a timelimit before expiring, how about adding a timer in the desktop app that matches and then check that before accepting inputs

Jeff