Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Remove the warning for Pay Bill transactions (when supplier is selected)

Partner

33Posts

122Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi, one of the more annoying features that I find is when MYOB wants to persistently warn me when I make a Spend Money entry that perhaps I should be using Purchases for this entry when this is not so.  This annoying little warning holds me up every time.

Thanks Debbie

"Remove or provide an option to remove the warnings for Purchase Entries"

If the cheque you are entering is a payment for a purchase that you have recorded, you should be using "Pay Bills" instead of "Spend Money"

Attachment.PNG

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion @DebTraj .Anyone who would like and opion to disable or hide pop-up warnings please cast your vote here. Please comment stating which warnings you would like to be able to disable.

63 Comments
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Stillonhold,

My apologies if you feel that way. I've raised this to the relevant team for consideration, we'll give you an update once this feature will be available. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again in the forum if you need any other assistance and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl

_Wes_
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi Jenniek, I agree that this reminder is good where there is a non zero balance for the client. I can imagine people incorrectly use Spend Money instead of using Paying Bills.

Personally I only tend to use Pay Bills very occasionally, around the end of the FY to control which FY the expense belongs to. However it seems like if I have use Pay Bills once ever for a supplier (say Telstra to pay a phone bill incurred at the end of one FY and paid at the start of another), it will always ask forever more every time I go to pay a bill, even though there is no bill for that supplier! I find it really annoying and unnecessary as it seems others have as well - although I completely agree that the warning is very good in the instances there IS a non-zero Pay Bill amount.

AL23
2 Posts
User

this was raised in 2014, it is now 2024 and the warnings still exist PLEASE DISABLE, or at least have the option to disable