Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Don't produce statements with $0 owing

Experienced Partner

14Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

When generating statements up to a particular date (e.g end of last month) MYOB provides a useful tickbox option - "Only included statements up to invoice date". However, you don't honour the "Include customers with zero balance" tickbox in concert with the previous option. i.e. you still list all these zero balance statements on the basis of the fact that the actual balance of the account is not zero (because of invoice(s) AFTER the specified date).

"Suppress the printing of statements with $0 owing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Hi jeanie, thank you for your suggestion. It would be great to see some feedback from the community about this change to see how they would like to see it work as an alternative.

15 Comments
Fiona2012
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I know these posts are old, but I have just come across them, looking up this issue. The strange issue I have found is that one user gets NO ZERO BALANCES when selecting the same flags as another 2 of us in the office.

Definitely the same flags. The user that gets the correct report has quite tight restrictions.

I am going to look further into this when all my users are logged out.

Thanks

FIona

HeywoodAg
1 Post
Cover User

This appears to be quite an old post, has this issue been rectified?  I continue to have the same problem where nil balance Statements are printing - such a wast of paper and ink.  

sundaisegroup
1 Post
User

I agree this is a nightmare.  Every month we have cusotmers complain to us about getting blank statements.  We tick all the right boxes however forward invoices receive blank statements.  We have had cusotmers get really mad because they think we are asking them to pay in advance which we don't do.  Come on MYOB do better and fix this problem.  It can't be that hard.  

MIorganics16
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Fully agree with Jeannie, should only show balances as at selected date, otherwise printing many nil balance staements

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MIorganics16,

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are grateful that you are participating to show your support with further votes and comments for this feature. We apologize for any difficulty this has caused you and we truly appreciate your time and understanding. Please be assured that the developer's team is monitoring all the feedback and suggestions received from the users. Your feedback will be added to the product roadmap based on feature requests.

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 
Leneth