Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
12 years ago
Open

Transfer Money: Move to the Banking Command Centre

Hi, Just wondering if there is a particular reason why the Transfer Money button is located in the accounts command centre rather than the banking command centre. It confuses a lot of my customers when I am training and I have no answer to give besides that is where it is. Any chance it can be moved to banking somewhere near spend money? Thanks

"Monve Transfer Money to banking command centre"

8 Comments

Helen-Webley
    Experienced Cover User

Pretty self explanatory. We find that when a company has many bank accounts with money transferring between them, the transfer money is done from the main bank account & its not until the subsidary accounts are reconciled (if they reconcile them at all) that it is found that the transfer has been done incorrectly. It would be much easier and less prone to error if this could be edited as all other transactions are.

David_Cree
      Ultimate Partner

Hello Helen,

I always recommend to clients that they do not use Transfer Money at all for 3 reasons -

-if you make a mistake you cannot edit the transaction & need to delete & re-enter,

-you do not get a Reconciled transaction warning, resulting in the possible deletion of a reconciled transaction. 

-you cannot put a job number on it.

Always use Spend or Receive money functions instead

cheers

David

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

I agree totally - my clients tend to forget it's there. It would be good to have it on the banking screen.

Growers
    Trusted Cover User

Agree Julie, it makes it a bit confusing for some novice users.

Having it accessible from within the banking window seems logical to me, however, one must consider that once the transfer is processed, none of the components can be altered later. So if you tranfer money from one account to another and find later on the target account was incorrect, you would need to either delete it and start again or merely "receive" or journal money into the correct account in a new transaction, thus allowing amendments later if required.

For this reason I prefer not to use the bank transfer facility too often.

Greg

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Hi Julia, thank you for your suggestion. This type of change is something we would consider based on community feedback, so other users who would like to see this moved to the Banking Command Centre, please do vote and comment to show your support.
    David_Cree
    Ultimate Partner

I always recommend to clients that they do not use Transfer Money at all for 3 reasons -

-if you make a mistake you cannot edit the transaction & need to delete & re-enter,

-you do not get a Reconciled transaction warming.

-you cannot put a job number on it.

Always use Spend or Receive money functions instead

cheers

David

• Typical MYOB.  Cause huge problems when a simple fix would be easy.

We can edit other transactions, so why not this one?

MYOB - going downhill every year.  Following the payroll debacle of June 2020 what will their next **bleep** up be?