Forum Discussion

AaronA
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Changing bank accounts transfer transactions

Hi,

We are in the process of changing Company bank accounts.  As part of this, we are moving funds between various company accounts and banks. 

As part of this change, we completed the below transfer:

Withdrawal from BWA Cheque account - $13,536.60

Deposit into two accounts.....

1: $5,000 into EMP Provision    and   2:  $8536.60 into GST Tax Provision  = totalling: $13,536.60

The issue I have is that I am now unable to simple click the dropdown next to Allocate Me, select "Transfer money" because this process relys upon matching values (problem caused by the split in the transfer). 

Does anyone have any advice about how to resolve this?

• Hi AaronA 

The way I would do it would be to use the Allocate option on the withdrawal, add in the two accounts and their respective accounts before saving. This would generate effectively a Spend Money transaction that can then be used to match to the other two transactions (using the Match transaction option for those).

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AaronA 

The way I would do it would be to use the Allocate option on the withdrawal, add in the two accounts and their respective accounts before saving. This would generate effectively a Spend Money transaction that can then be used to match to the other two transactions (using the Match transaction option for those).