Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Import statement - ability to import csv files

Cover User

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

"replace qif with csv re importing bank transactions"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi @NatMcM

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and importing bank transactions.

Currently MYOB Essentials does allows for QIF files to be import as bank transactions rather that CSV . However I would encourage other users that you would like to see CSV files being able to be imported to vote and comment if required for this idea..

5 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @NatMcM

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and importing bank transactions.

Currently MYOB Essentials does allows for QIF files to be import as bank transactions rather that CSV . However I would encourage other users that you would like to see CSV files being able to be imported to vote and comment if required for this idea..

Faithe
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree there needs to be more options rather than just QIF to import. 

You need to think that some clients may send you the import in CSV/excel as we operate remotely and having access to their bank account details they may not feel comfortable with.

CSV importing would be excellent and you provide a template on how the data should be presented so it imports correctly.

MaryannT
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User

Please add CSV option in importing bank transaction

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Don't replace it.  I use QIF all the time!

AlanT

ClareH
1 Post
User

Given Accountants Office uses the .csv function to import transactions I would have expected the same functionality to be available in all MYOB products; indeed it is extrememy disappointing that this is not the case!