Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Bank Feeds - Duplicate Transactions & Deleting Imported Statement

Hi guys,

I'm having a little issue. I was trying to set up a bank feed, it was taking too long and I thought it didn't work.
So I downloaded the QIF file and imported the statement manually, only to find that the bank feed had connected the next day.

There are a lot of duplicate transactions now so I need to remove the QIF file I imported. However, when I try to delete the file, it gives me an error "Network request failed" (screenshot below). I tried rolling back my reconcilliations until before the date of the QIF file, I was thinking it would be too much load on the system at once removing all of those reconcilled transactions, but that didn't work either. 

Just wondering if there is another way to remove the file? Or maybe balance the transactions by posting them all to an account and create an equal spend money transaction? I would prefer the former as this would take some time... 

Thanks

image01.PNG

• Hi Tanya68 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The easiest thing would be delete the imported QIF files. However, you are receiving an error which preventing the file from being deleted. The possible reasons for this is you have transactions in the imported file that have been allocated or matched to the corresponding transaction in the company file. In order to delete those imported files, you will need to un-allocate or un-match the transactions within your company file matched to the transactions in the imported QIF file. 

Additionally, please clear cache in your browser and use other browser if the issue still persist you can send me a Private message.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Tanya68 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The easiest thing would be delete the imported QIF files. However, you are receiving an error which preventing the file from being deleted. The possible reasons for this is you have transactions in the imported file that have been allocated or matched to the corresponding transaction in the company file. In order to delete those imported files, you will need to un-allocate or un-match the transactions within your company file matched to the transactions in the imported QIF file. 

Additionally, please clear cache in your browser and use other browser if the issue still persist you can send me a Private message.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess