Partnership tax return and reconciliation of Cents per KM method

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
veeja
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Partnership tax return and reconciliation of Cents per KM method

Hi, My partnership is claiming Motor Vehicle expenses with the "Cents per kilometer" method. Since I don’t have the Cents per KM method on my MYOB Profit and Loss, do I account for this is the reconciliation items (of the Partnership tax return) or do I add it to the MYOB Profit and Loss? Many thanks for any direction, Cheers  

3 REPLIES 3
veeja
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Motor Vechile Expenses- cents per km

How do partnerships account for Cents Per Km deductions in there Profit and Loss.  i.e. business traveled 2000km and wants to include as expense 2000km at 78 cents per km therefore claim being $1560. would it be entered in as a journal entry? thanks 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Motor Vechile Expenses- cents per km

Hi @veeja 

Thanks for your post. I'd recommend speaking to your accountant about the applicable transaction, accounts and tax codes to ensure that expense is correctly reported.

Once you know what you need to record I'll be happy with how to record that in your software.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

veeja
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Motor Vechile Expenses- cents per km

I was hoping for a bit more direction as I dont use an accountant for my business.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post