25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Can I do a separate pay run for backpay

I need to pay backpay for an employee. Can I do a separate pay run just for the back pay? My next pay run is not due for a fortnight, and I want to pay it out as a separate payment before the end of the month..... Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
JenDPT
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can I do a separate pay run for backpay

Problem solved thanks - I found the answer on a different post.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @JenDPT 

Thank you so much for your post. We're glad to know that your problem is now resolved. You can also visit this help article that will give you more information about: Back pay 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
Cheers,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RosieLL
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I do a separate pay run for back pay?   I've done the normal weekly run, but when I try to create a new payrun, I can't get the employee's name to show up in the screen.

JenDPT
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Rosie

Maybe you should make a new post for this so that one of the admin people see your message. 

Unfortunately, I am using a newer version of Payroll now and cant remember what I did - so I an unable to help.

Good luck

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Hi @RosieLL

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your question, processing a separate pay run for back pay involves creating an adjustment pay or a separate pay run. To handle back pay in MYOB Business, navigate to the payroll, or pay run section >> Create a new pay run or an adjustment pay >> In the new pay run or adjustment pay screen, you should be able to select the employee for whom you want to process the back pay. 

If you cannot find the employee's name, make sure to check the following: 

• Check that the employee is active, and their employment details are correctly set up in the system.
  • Make sure that the pay frequency is correct, the same as the pay run you are creating.
  • Check if the card file has a termination date.
  • Check if you already finalized your employee's data.

Once the employee is selected, adjust earnings or add additional pay items >> Add the back pay amount as a separate line item or adjust the existing earnings to reflect the back pay >> Specify the details of the back pay, such as the date range it covers, the amount, and any applicable taxes or deductions >> Review the pay run to ensure that all details, including back pay, are accurate >> Confirm the pay run or adjustment once you're satisfied with the information >> To verify that the back pay has been processed correctly, check the employee's pay history or transaction details. 

More information and instructions will be found in our Help Article: Back pay

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
Leneth 

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post