Kristine76
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Merging Pay Items

Hey everyone,

I am an entry level bookkeeper who has just taken over the payroll for mine and my husbands business.  For the first few months we had another book keeper doing this job.  I set up my pay items differently to the previous bookkeeper according to the way I want it set up.  For some employees I will not be using the old pay items yet I am unable to delete them from the system as they have been used in previous pay runs.  Is there any way I can merge the two so it doesn't seem so complicated on the payslips.  I hope this made sense.

Kindly,

Kristine

1 REPLY 1
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Re: Merging Pay Items

Hi @Kristine76,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum.

My apologies for the delay in response. We cannot delete pay items used in previous timesheets; instead, what we can do is create a new pay item and remove the previous one. Once you've set up your pay items and assigned them to your employees, the pay items will be included in your employees' pay when you do a pay run. After this, you need to permanently remove a pay item from an employee so it no longer appears in their pay. 

Here's how: 

1. From the payroll menu, choose employees.
  2. Click the employee's name.
  3. Click the relevant tab, such as Salary and WagesLeaveDeductionsSuperannuation, or Expenses.
  4. Click the remove icon next to the pay item to be removed.
  5. Click Save.

For more detailed information and instructions, you may check out these helpful articles: Setting up pay items and categories and Assigning pay items to employees.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post