Payroll in STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Slurry
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll in STP

I have posted the payroll for the week ended 14.11.22 to STP, but the STP is shown the wages as nil.  The payrun for week ended 14.11.22 is showing the correct amounts paid.

Why does the STP show wages paid as Nil? I have reversed the payrun for 14.11.22 and re-entered the wages, but still showing as Nil wages lodged on STP.  I think this happened after I went onto the next STP phase.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll in STP

Hi @Slurry 

Thanks for your post. If you created the pay run with a payment date in the past you will get an option on the Record and report window to select whether the pay run is an updated pay run or new pay run. As the payment date is in the past, this option defaults to an updated pay run. This is because the ATO requires STP reports to be lodged prior to or on payment date so new pay runs should be processed on or before payment date.

image.png

An updated pay run sends an Update event that only sends the YTD amounts, not the pay period amounts. This means that the Gross payments and PAYG withholding amounts will be $0.00. A new pay run sends a Pay event which sends both YTD and pay period amounts.

You can check if you have sent an update event or pay event by clicking on the report>>Event type:

image.png

If you have sent an update event, click on View employee YTD report and make sure the correct YTD amounts have been sent.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post