Staff can use their mobile to alter log on/off times

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DI
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Staff can use their mobile to alter log on/off times

We would really appreciate an answer.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @DI

It looks like you've set up the clock on, clock off tablet kiosk time capture type. If the employees are using the app on their phones, I'd suggest setting up the clock on, clock off - mobile option. You would need to set up a new location as once a time capture type has been chosen for a location it cannot be changed. 

Our help Article Getting started with MYOB Team has information on the time capture apps available and our Help Article Using the MYOB Team mobile app has information on how the clock on and clock off feature works. 

Do let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DI
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

The reason we set up the location as time capture using the tablet was so that the employees could not log on or off using their mobile phones.  The employees have the app so they are able to view the roster, apply for leave etc...  We never wanted them to use the mobile for time capture.  Is the fact the allowing our staff to use the app a vulnerability in the software open for exploitation?  Is there a way to turn off the time capture on the app?

DI
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I would really like to clarify this...

Is the fact that allowing employees to have the app mean they are able to capture time, despite setting up the time capture being set up as kiosk? We NEVER wanted the staff to capture their time using the mobile device.

Katoh61
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Has there been any resolution for this issue.

We have just been made aware of this issue also, the whole reason for using a tablet was to ensure staff could not log in or out via a mobile or make changes to their times.

The information I read is the approving managers are the only people able to change hours, but this appears to be incorrect.

Would love to know if anyone has created a work around for this issue.

DI
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Morning,

Sadly no.

Just been ignored, I’ve tried following up with MYOB to no avail…

At this stage we do not have any solution…

Up until the approving managers approve times in MYOB teams the times can be altered by the staff in the app.  After the managers approve the staff times, then those times can not be altered. It’s not always possible nor is it feasible for our managers to approve times after the staff finish. This is a vulnerability issue with the MYOB coding.

Di

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post