Forum Discussion

LSolutions
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Customer transactions report

Good Morning,

Is there something wrong with the Customer Transactions report?  I want to run a report for the customer to show payments applied to a particular invoice down to zero (eg part payments from credit and partial customer payment), but it doesn't bring anything up even though there has been multiple transactions within the date period?   At this stage can only provide a copy of invoice which shows the balance is $0 but doesn't show the payments made.

Regards

Kristy   

Sean_DC
    2 years ago

Hi LSolutions 

Thank you for your post. It's good to know that the customer statement was able to provide you with what you need. When it comes to the Customer Transactions report, I can give you a few tips. Filter out the date range without changing the date from and to. Export it as a PDF to have a better view of the report. This also gives you more details on the report. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LSolutions
    Experienced Cover User

I've just realised I can run a customer statement selecting activity as the statement type which does give me what I need.   However it is worth bringing up that the transaction report doesn't work.

Sean_DC
      MYOB Moderator

Hi LSolutions 

Thank you for your post. It's good to know that the customer statement was able to provide you with what you need. When it comes to the Customer Transactions report, I can give you a few tips. Filter out the date range without changing the date from and to. Export it as a PDF to have a better view of the report. This also gives you more details on the report. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

LSolutions
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply, very interesing you can export it into a PDF when nothing comes up on the report thanks for the tip I didn't think to export it as no results showed, but it's all on the PDF. 

Fiddling with the dates it only displays a result if the 'Date From' and 'Date to' are set to the period of when the invoice was sent and up until it was paid.   Once the 'date to' is on or after the date the invoice was fully paid it shows no results.   Confusing to explain so I hope that makes sense.   

BUT as you have pointed out even in the situation where no results show up, you can still export into a PDF and all the information comes up in the PDF!

Just Fyi - 

Invoice was partially paid on 14/04/23 - comes up on report 

Invoice was fully paid on 15/04/23 - no results on report but is on the PDF when exported

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Kristy