GST Report and Preparing GST Return don't match

Monika_DeNeef
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST Report and Preparing GST Return don't match

Hi, when I run the GST report, the amount of tax is right. But when I prepare the GST return in MYOB, the tax amount is way off. This is happening ever since the MYOB upgrade. I checked all zero rate bills and reconciled my accounts. I'm now filing my GST return directly. Has anyone experienced this problem? 

2 REPLIES 2
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: GST Report and Preparing GST Return don't match

Hi @Monika_DeNeef,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum. 

Thank you for flagging this to us. The GST report lists all transactions recorded based on the tax code used, while the GST return shows the GST summary for Activity Statement purposes. We recommend double-checking the sales transactions recorded with your accountant to determine if a different tax code should be used, or if they should be recorded as negative purchases so they can be reported in the Activity Statement.  

If you need further assistance or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: GST Report and Preparing GST Return don't match

Hi @Monika_DeNeef,

We hope this message finds you well. We just want to follow up on your concern. If you still need assistance or if you have other questions or concerns, please contact us again. We are more than happy to assist. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post