9 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

9Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice numbers on purchase and sales reports

I am trying to move over from AccountRight to Buisness but I am finding some functionality very limited. I want to print a detailed purchases aging report sorted on due date for my client. Also I need to see invoice numbers. The closest I can get is the Payable Reconciliation with tax Report which doesn't have the due date or invoice number options. Is there another way? Or do I have to keep using accountRight?

4 REPLIES 4
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Invoice numbers on purchase and sales reports

Hi @HelenL

Thank you for your post. 

We appreciate you expressing  your concern to us. There are some AccountRight features that are not available to MYOB Business but it would add additional functionality such as purchases and payroll. 

Regarding your concern;

• If you want to print detailed purchases aging report by due date. You can access the purchases reports in MYOB Essentials by going to Reporting>>Reports>>Purchase reports. This can help you track of your client's  purchases, including unpaid bills. You can check out this Help Article: Purchase Reports.
  • As for the Invoice numbers, The invoices page (Sales menu >> Invoices) lists all of the invoices you have entered into MYOB. In the top right corner of the screen you will see the snapshot of total value of your invoices, the balance due and how much is overdue. Details of each invoice are shown, including invoice number, customer and amount due. Here's a Help Article: Viewing Invoices, for more information.
  • And for the Payable Reconciliation with Tax report, This is a product limitations in MYOB Business.

I provided a Help Article that you can use as a reference. 

Move from AccountRight to MYOB Business lite or Pro. 

Choose the right plan for you

I hope this helps. Please contact us again if you have questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @HelenL,

We hope this message finds you well. We want to check back with you regarding your concern on your sales report. If you still need further assistance or if you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to create a new post or contact us again. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

HelenL
Partner
9 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

9Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Celia,

Thanks for reaching out. Sadly, the purchase reports in MYOB Business are just not customisable enough for my client needs. I have 3 clients on MYOB. I am able to use for MYOB Business for only one of them - a small cleaning business. Which is a shame because I have just bought a Mac. I will have to keep going back to my old PC to do their bookkeeping on AccountRight. 

One of the clients for which MYOB Business is not suitable is a Retailer that uses Retail Manager. I’m unable to import the Retail Express File into MYOB Business. I also need to use and send a monthly creditors detailed report aged by due date and showing invoice numbers which is not possible in MYOB Business.

The other Client that uses MYOB is a fine art dealer that uses lay-by all the time. They can’t use MYOB Business until you add the functionality to take deposits on sales orders. The reports they need regarding their sales orders are quite complex and I use many saved customised reports in AccountRight which are not available in MYOB Business.

Are there plans to increase the complexity and customisability of MYOB Business Reports in the near future?

While I’m at it, it would be great to be able to add a reference when processing bank feeds and pay runs… And to be able to change the bank account when doing pay runs… And to be able to email wage reports directly from MYOB after doing pays. 

Best regards,
Helen
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @HelenL,

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback and this is very much appreciated. 

• We do not offer migration from Retail Manager to MYOB Business. Aiming to concentrate on cloud-based solutions,  MYOB sold RetailManager to AAAPOS. Since the change over in mid 2022. All support requires for RetailManager are directed to AAAPOS and not taken care of by MYOB.
  • There are some repots in AccountRight that cannot be used in MYOB Business. This is something that we are aware of and are looking into for future updates.

You can raise suggestions for improvements/enhancements to our software via ideas exchange in our community forum. Kindly click on this link. Once you have submitted the idea,  other customers and MYOB staff can vote for the idea to show your product development teams the impact it has. 

If you still have other questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to contact us again or you can create a new post. We are happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post