SUPPLIER TRANSACTION REPORT

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BERNIE3
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

SUPPLIER TRANSACTION REPORT

I am having trouble getting a supplier transaction report and realise that I have to do the below as they are spend money transactions however there is no option to select a Contact, just a date?  Also, when the transactions come up in the banking transcations they are coming up under the description of the transaction not the Contact.  Do I need to change something in my Contact set up so they come up under the Contact?

I would be looking at the Reports>>Banking reports>>Banking transactions if you would like to see the Spend Money transactions for a particular supplier in MYOB Essentials. This report will allow you to select a Contact and/or date range to filter by.

Thanks

BERNIE

13 REPLIES 13
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Re: SUPPLIER TRANSACTION REPORT

Hi Bernie

go into the report you mentioned

now go to customise and at the bottom of the list is an empty box with a drop down select name payee and apply

go back into the report and refresh then export to excel to show the additional fields

hope this helps

Lisa

BERNIE3
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Okay, I have all the spend money transactions in an EXCEL however why does the report come up with the description and not with the contact?

Thank you

BERNIE

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Hi Bernie 

Does the excel spreadsheet have the payee as a column?

and if so there is nothing there?

that would  suggest to me that a payee name was not entered at the time of the transaction 

you could check this by going into one of the selected transactions in the myob report and review the transaction to see if a payee was entered

you can't find something that isn't there unfortunately 

do you enter the supplier invoice into myob or do you just do a spend money and record the payment?

you  could possibly find your supplier payments if you know what the bank statement description is and search for it through find transactions in the banking tab

Lisa

BERNIE3
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

The supplier's name was entered at the time of the spend money transaction and in the excel spreadsheet it only comes up with description column.  Is there a way to set it up so that it comes up with the supplier's name and not description?

Thanks

BERNIE

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Hi Bernie

Did you customise the report to add payee? Did you check that the excel spreadsheet had that heading?

Lisa

BERNIE3
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, I customised the report to add payee and the excel spreadsheet only comes up with a heading of description.  There must be something in the set up as to why only the description not the payee comes up in the report.  This MYOB Essentials programme is used on a MAC, would that make any difference?

Thanks again

BERNIE

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Hi Bernie 

not sure about the Mac 

I ran it in my essentials and the payee came up but was mainly blank also

so , the question is 

do you use bank feeds

do you allocate transactions this way, generally?

do you use bank rules?

in my experience 

if you allocate from bank feeds by using the allocate option , you are not entering a payee name

the same will apply with bank rules unless you set the rule up with a payee.

so given that , I suggest , based on the fact that all your transactions are generally carried out by you from the bank itself and then entered into myob

go to your bank account

find the payee you want to find in myob

how do you normally pay them ?

Bpay? Direct transfer?

with each payment a reference comes into the bank in your bank statement, this is what makes up your bank feed

there is something in that description that you should be able to search on in find bank transactions in myob. Having said that most banks can provide a summary of the payments to that payee

To effectively search you need to find the fields that you entered that can be searched.

sometimes you need to think outside the square

eg I spend money on electricity but I can't find it under the supplier Ergon

I will look for transactions in the gl account for electricity 

if you know a starting point then you may be able to find what you are looking for

Another example is I get some printing done by Snap Printing , however their transactions are shown in the bank as KNS Pty Ltd, would never find it if I kept searching for snap but I can see it in printing and stationery 

It would appear the only sure way to be able to search on a supplier is to actually enter an invoice for that supplier

hope that helps

Lisa

BERNIE3
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Lisa,

No, I don't  you use bank feeds or bank rules and always use spend money, not entering the invoice.

You would think that I would be able to get a contact transactions report somehow?

It's so simple in Accountright, why can't the same thing happen in Essentials.

Regards

BERNIE

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Hi Bernie

unfortunately I don,t believe that essentials has the same functionality as accountright

Can you send a screenshot of one of your spend money transactions and the excel spreadsheet with payee column

or can you select a spend money transaction and run the report in excel to bring up that transaction to see what populates where by following that through?

if you select a transaction and narrow down the general ledger account report to capture it you should be able to find the best descriptor to narrow down your search

certainly in my search the payee came up with the contact I had entered

hope that helps

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post