Forum Discussion

NezzaM
User
5 months ago

Transaction reports with descriptions

What report can I run to show transaction descriptions? The transaction and general ledger reports only show suppliers on the memo. 

Is there an external app that can help with this? Or is there another workaround?

8 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi NezzaM,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Thank you for expressing your concern to us. In this regard, the General Ledger details report will pull the Notes field from the transaction. If the description for each line is required, you would need to click on the Ref No. of the respective transaction to view that information. You are unable to have the individual description information displayed in the General Ledger details report. The Note field is auto-populated by the bank transaction memo if selecting to allocate the bank transactions or if you enter the transaction and then match it will take the entered notes.  

You can reach out to us if you still need assistance or if you have other questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

NezzaM
      User

What is the purpose then of writing a description if you cannot run a report against it? Celia_B 

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi NezzaM.

I understand your frustration regarding this issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. As of this moment, it is not possible to run a general ledger details report with the description shown for the transactions (including feeds). I will pass it on to the relevant team to review this issue.  

Meanwhile, if you still need further assistance, please feel free to post again. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards,

Cel

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi RichardColeman

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

We're sorry to know that you’re having problem with the report. Does the problem unresolved yet? If so, could you provide more detailed information in which report you've encountered difficulties with? We're happy to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Shella

NezzaM
        User

Shella_A it is not resolved. Please see my initial query.

A transaction report showing transaction descriptions.