Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Additional tax codes

Contributing Cover User

12Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to be able to add more tax codes to the basic ones available in MYOB Essentials.

Dulcie Bridges

Bridges' Bookkeeping

Bunbury, WA

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for additional comments on this particular idea. We have moved this idea from an old status Clarification Needed to our new status of Open. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

25 Comments
3 Posts
User

Agree, imported GST is wrongly sorted and they make a huge issue and wasting of time.  i have to manually to calculate GST because one from MYOB is not correct!!!

1 Post
User

Can we please have a GST tax code for CAF (capital purchases GST free).  At the moment we can't produce an activity statement report that is correct becuase we have to use FRE so these purchases are showing as non capital

@DulcieBridges wrote:

I would like to be able to add more tax codes to the basic ones available in MYOB Essentials.

Dulcie Bridges

Bridges' Bookkeeping

Bunbury, WA

n-capital.

Partner
33 Posts
Partner

Yes, please MYOB, give us this basic function, it really would make life easier and enhance the product in your favour

6 Posts
User

This is necessary for eg repeating insurance transactions, where the gst is only payable on part of the total, but can be fixed for that eyar via a special code, to save having to edit teh GST amount every time

1 Post
User

Permanent residents in a caravan park per ATO are charged a discounted GST rate of 5%.  Essentials does not allow for this tax rate to be added to the table of tax codes.  It would be appreciated if a new tax code was added or have the ability to add new codes ourselves.  Thx