Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Statement Date in MYOB Essentials

1Posts

135Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Hi @justin2011

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and statements.

Currently statements in Essentials are invoice based designed to show you the invoices and the payments relating to that particular invoice based on today's date.  I would encourage other users that would like the ability to select a date for Statements and to have a statement based on the activity of the  customer's card to vote and comment if required for this idea.

51 Comments
1 Post
User

This would make life so much easier when clients request a monthly statement. It is frustrating that I cannot select a June Statement when they request it. I have had to go through the reporting part, save and send a pdf when it would be so much quicker to send it directly from the customer statements tab. I have others that would like to see all that they owe, so I think having two options would be FANTASTIC! 

1 Post
Cover User

I am only new to MYOB ( have been using quickbooks for 17 years ) , I was very surprised to find that you could not set a date for your statements.

Cannot always get to print statements on the last day of the month so it would be great to be able to print them on any day but with the ability to show end of month totals only.

Also I have bank feeds set up but my statements don't show any of the payments, is this just the way I have it set up?  Any suggestions

1 Post
User

Yes this is ridiculous - how can we not have these options. It's enough to make me wonder if I picked the right accounting software as it's embarrasing to have to tell a customer that I can't send them an activity statement or explain to them why a statement includes current month invoices when I send it on the first or second of the month because I can't set an "as at" date for the invoice statement!!!

Partner
6 Posts
Partner

We have more and more clients requesting the option to select a date range for statements. It would be create if this can happen in the near future

1 Post
User

The ability to select a Statement Date is really important for businesses that for some reason may miss sending a statement at the end of the month. Getting un-due invoices on a statement really annoys some customers!

1 Post
Cover User

I think it would be very useful if MYOB Essentials had a date range you could enter for the statements. Would be awesome if this could happen sooner rather than later.

1 Post
Cover User

I have changed from Quickbooks and find the inability to customise the dates of Statements in MYOB Essentials really frustrating. 

1 Post
Cover User

Being able to select the dates for customer statements is absolutely critical in our area of business. This should be a high priority for inclusion in Essentials. 

Partner
1 Post
Partner

Being able to select a date range for Customer Statements is a necessity for most if not all businesses. MYOB can you please look at adding this feature to MYOB Essentials.

Partner
1 Post
Partner

Please can you add a date in the Statements page in Essentials so we can choose what date we want to print statements from!!!