Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Customer statements: Date (range) selection

1Posts

171Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

86 Comments
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Thank you for letting us know about your concern. We understand that having the ability to select a date range for statements in MYOB Essentials is important to manage your workflow. We apologize for any difficulties you are experiencing, and we are thankful for your patience and understanding during this time. Rest assured that we will pass on your ideas/feedback to the relevant team. 

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

Maverick_AKL
9 Posts
User

This issue has been going on for 8 years! (Question was raised in 2015) Why hasn't this been implmented yet? If Xero can do it, why can't MYOB? What is the problem? 

Just add the function/ability to select the date range on statements all ability to show account activity ie shows payment, invoice, credit etc.. in a staement form. 

Seriously, MYOB developers need to get off their butts and make it piority. 8 years!!! FFS! 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Maverick_AKL,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to know you were disappointed with our product. We understand your frustrations regarding this matter. This has been raised with the relevant team, and the new MYOB Business/Essentials platform allows users to select a date range once the statement type is selected. Please refer to this Help article for further information on generating statements.

If you're looking for another feature that wasn't included in the update, we encourage you to take a moment to post your suggestions here in the Product Ideas board. We want you to know that you are welcome to post your suggestions and feedback. This will help the team improve and serve our customers with a better and more seamless experience.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Princess

Maverick_AKL
9 Posts
User

@Princess_R 

Thanks for the respone, but that doesn't help me at all. I'm on MYOB Essentials and there's no where on the statement area to select the date range. 

See the screen shot below. Either I'm in the wrong place or your statement is a total lie. 

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 4.19.39 PM.png

Lizzycarebear
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Currently statements in MYOB Essentials are invoice based designed to show you the invoices and the payments relating to that particular invoice based on today's date.

If you'd like to be able to choose a statement date in MYOB Essentials, vote for this feature on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. Cant vote on this feature 

And yet one of your responses state it is possible in the new Essentials. Why penalise loyal customers who now wish they had changed to Xero as their friends are extolling Xeros system.

Update the 'old' Essentials and give customer care. Responding with yet another apology does not cut the mustard.

In the words of a global company just do it!

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Maverick_AKL, and @Lizzycarebear,

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your input and are constantly working to improve our software. Your suggestion is valuable to us as we consider enhancements for future updates. While we can't guarantee when or if this feature will be implemented, I'll make sure to pass your request along to our development team for their consideration. If you have any more details or specific ideas regarding this feature, please feel free to share them with us. 

Your feedback helps us make our software even better.
Regards,
Earl