QBCC Project Trust Accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JCS70
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

QBCC Project Trust Accounts

Does MYOB have an ability to comply with the QBCC record keeping obligations under BIF Act - with regard to the maintenance of a "Seperate Trust Account Ledger" capable of providing seperate ledgers and information for each beneficiary and trial balance for the Project Trust Account.  This is seperate to the financial general ledger that MYOB maintains.  If so, can you please advise how this is done. Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
ambergarthon
1 Post
User
Australia

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: QBCC Project Trust Accounts

I'd also like to know this!

Sunny17
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'd like to know this to please otherwise I will need to look at other software options.

In particular if MYOB is a complying software platform as:

* the software platform cannot be capable of deleting all or any part of the trust account ledger or record of deposits and withdrawals (which MYOB lets you do) and

* if you are able to include all the payment details on remittance advices ie, BSB and Account number

Phoenix01
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

So did any of you guys get an answer. I've been asking MYOB the same question for the last 2 years and still waiting....

Sunny17
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Nope.

Disappointing MYOB is not looking into this.  They could potentially lose a lot of businesses if they can't accomodate to industry requirements.

Phoenix01
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Would someone from MYOB please reply to this post? We have only a few months to go and really don't want to change software.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

AccountRight/ MYOB Business will store all the account information and transactions recorded in the system into one company file/MYOB Business. 

If you need to differentiate a transaction or group of transactions it can be done through Jobs or Categories. Alternatively, depending on the requirements, a fully separate company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Sunny17
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I've attached a couple of links which highlight the details required:

trustee-guide-trust-accounting.pdf (qbcc.qld.gov.au)

refer to page 7 - Software platforms for keeping trust records

example-trust-project-advice-to-beneficiary-of-withdrawal.pdf (qbcc.qld.gov.au)

payment advice template must include BSB and Account Number

Does MYOB or even MYOB Advanced Construction software have the capability to include these requirements?

Thank You.  

Phoenix01
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Stephen

This is not what we are asking about. We need a Trust Accounting progamme (yes, we are aware that transactions can be locked but this is not good enough for the QBCC) that is capable of providing individual project trust account ledgers (meaning 1 ledger for each job/project not separate data files). These ledgers must be capable of producing reports for each individual beneficiary (the subcontractor).  Only project trust work is entered into this trust ledger. All other costs (material supply, labour hours etc) are entered into a separate ledger (but in the same data file). I've attached a couple of files from the QBCC so that you can understand better.  It would also be very beneficial to have multiple Electronic Clearing Accounts.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

I would recommend speaking to your accounting advisor to ensure that your MYOB software is meeting your individual reporting requirements.

Based on the information supplied, I would recommend ensuring that you have a separate MYOB Business/company file with AccountRight for each trust account that you do need to set up.  While, it's possible with jobs or categories, based on the additional information it would probably not be in your best interests to go down that path and would recommend a separate MYOB Business/company file with AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post