QBCC Project Trust Accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Phoenix01
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: QBCC Project Trust Accounts

Ok, looks like we'll be looking for other accounting software.

JCS70
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

My strong belief is that this problem comes from the legislation, not from our software providers.  The industry needs to talk further as this legislation is impossible to comply with as it is currently written.  Anyone with an understanding of double entry book keeping will understand that you CANNOT keep bookkeeping records for the trust transactions with a different method.  Our Trust accounts can still be successfully maintained and audited using standard double entry accounting rules which can still used to prove that we are holding sufficient trust funds at all times.  I believe that the pressure needs to go back to the QBCC and our industry representatives instead of our software providers, to address this major issue.   

Phoenix01
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

JCS70 That is so true... Master Builders have been negotiating with the QBCC for how many years now, firstly with the Project Bank Accounts and now with the Project Trust Accounts.

Sunny17
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Has anybody had a call from MYOB in relation to their MYOB Construction Advanced software?  They called me yesterday and said they were calling all of their construction clients to try to upgrade them to this new platform.  The person who called me didn't know if the new construction specific software covers any of the above mentioned requirements so a representative is going to get back to me in the next week or so.

Phoenix01
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

They rang me July and August.  Couldn't help me with the QBCC specific requirements as that was my main interest in the programme. Were really only interested in selling it - between $60K to $80K.  Sent me a demo but it doesn't show much and couldn't answer any of my questions.

Sunny17
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm not holding my breath that it can accommodate if the guy who rang me didn't know anything.

Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post