Forum Discussion

4 months ago

Dollar value of annual leave paid incorrect - how to fix?

Hi,

Location in NZ. We have a staff member who returned from Parental Leave in June 2023. They have taken annual leave over the Xmas holidays. When entering annual leave, MYOB defaults to the higher hourly rate and doesn't allow me to select the lower rate - it also states that employee should be paid the higher rate, which is not correct for an employee returning from Parental Leave. I couldn't work out how to change it, so I processed the pay at the higher rate, as payroll deadline was approaching. I found a workaround for the following payroll, when the employee was still on leave. As a result this employee has been overpaid $600. They are happy to have this deducted over three pay runs. How do I make this annual leave correction show in MYOB? The employee will also have paid additional tax/student loan repayments etc. 

Thanks,

Catherine

1 Reply

• Hi CatherineDR,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delayed response.

If you've overpaid an employee, it's often easiest to adjust the employee's next pay to correct any mistakes. Since the employee agrees, you can adjust their next pay to make up for the overpaid amount. Please refer to this Help article, Changing or deleting a pay, on adjusting the next employee's pay.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess