Final student loan

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Final student loan

Hi there,

I have to do a final student loan payment.  I have read the info from @Melisa_D and understand that I need to work out the % that the final payment will be.  In this case it is $35.63 which is 15.81% of $225.48.  All well and good.  BUT when I make the change to the employee on the SLCIR the total for the student loan is $225.48 + $35.63.  The fact that the employee still has a MSL tax code means the deduction is still being made as well.  BUT if I change the tax code to M then I cannot enter a % SLCIR for the final payment.

What next?

And under pressure too...

Thanks for your help 

Cheers Sarah

1 REPLY 1
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Final student loan

Hi @sarahh02 

Thank you for posting. 

It's good to know that you were able to find her post helpful in calculating the deduction rate for SLCIR. The tax code shouldn't be changed to a different one from what the employee submitted. When entering a SLCIR, you can go to Payroll Menu >> Employees > Click on the employee's name >> Go to the Tax tab. A SLCIR deduction checkbox should appear below wherein you can tick the box next to the SLCIR deduction percentage and enter the required percentage that is sent by the IRD. 

If the added SLCIR tax code is being added and not deducted, kindly reach out to your accountant as well for the calculation.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post