Forum Discussion

MML-NZ
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago

MYOB Payroll v2023.1 journal

I have one employee who has an additional student loan deduction (pay code SLCIR) as required by the IRD (in addition to that made under the M SL tax code).  I discovered that the Pay Summary and Direct Credit Schedule correctly shows the net pay amount for the employee but the Pay Summary excludes the SLCIR amount from the total at the bottom of the report (so totals do not agree to the gross earnings and allowances).  The journal created by MYOB Payroll for posting into MYOB Account Right includes the extra student loan deduction in the Bank account and not in the Liability to IRD account.  This is despite the correct Liability account being used in the Pay Code set-up (see screenshot).  Is this a system fault or is there something else I need to correct?  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

3 Replies

MML-NZ
    Contributing Cover User

Thank you for your comments, Genreve.  My software. which is the NZ version of MYOB Payroll, does not have the Payroll Summary Assistant.  I cannot see any place where we have this feature.  I suspect it is a system fault but would appreciate any help from someone familiar with the NZ version.  In the meantime, I will have to manually adjust the journal to transfer the SLCIR amount from the Bank (Direct Credit) account to the PAYE Liability account.

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MML-NZ

Thanks for the response. I asked the team about this, there seem to be no reported issues as described. I think it's best to redo the integration of your MYOB Payroll to AccountRight. If this doesn't fix the issue, we can investigate the issue further. Also, in the meantime, I believe we can manually correct the values for now. 

I appreciate you jenniek, for following up on this. 

Thanks,

Genreve

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi MML-NZ 

Looking at your screen shot - you are doing the correct settings, so would assume this is a bug - not putting this amount to the correct GL code.

Genreve_S-please send this to NZ Payroll support to be sorted please.