Forum Discussion

Drawlinson
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Bulk Editing Jobs Active/Inactive

Hello Community, I am looking at the Jobs List in AccountEdge NE v17 and need to make about 2000 jobs inactive (trying to tidy up) at the moment i can only do this one job at a time, so its going to take a few days and give me some serious RSI :-)

It appears to me it should be easy to highlight a list of jobs and bulk inactiate but i can see no way of doing this.

Any ideas?

• Hi Drawlinson, you should be able to do this by exporting the jobs list to a file, open it in Excel, add a "Y" to the "InactiveJob" field as required, save as a new text file then import the file back to AccountEdge with the option to update the list. 

As with all imports, make a backup before you begin.

When exporting, choose Match all to select all fields. When importing select only the job number and the IsInactive column.

Go to File, Export data, and follow the options there to begin.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Drawlinson, you should be able to do this by exporting the jobs list to a file, open it in Excel, add a "Y" to the "InactiveJob" field as required, save as a new text file then import the file back to AccountEdge with the option to update the list. 

As with all imports, make a backup before you begin.

When exporting, choose Match all to select all fields. When importing select only the job number and the IsInactive column.

Go to File, Export data, and follow the options there to begin.

Drawlinson
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Heaps for the quick reply Mike simply done and worked perfectly :-)

Cheers