AccountRight 2020.1 is now available

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

The 2020.1 release of AccountRight offers further bank feeds automation, enhancements to the MYOB Invoices app and In Tray, as well as performance and workflow improvements: 

Auto-payment of bank feeds transactions –– Automatically record payments to invoices and bills that have been automatically approved in your bank feed.   

Create suppliers in the MYOB Invoice app –– If you love working on the go, you’ll love it even more with the ability to view and add suppliers in the MYOB Invoice app. 

Auto Forwarding to the In Tray from Gmail –– Supplier documents sent to your Gmail address can now be automatically forwarded to your In Tray. 

Workflow and performance improvements –– What’s a new release without a bit of fine-tuning? 

Auto-payment of bank feeds transactions  

In AccountRight 2019.4, we added the ability to automatically approve matched transactions in your bank feeds, saving you one more step in bank reconciliation.  

In 2020.1, we take that automation a step further.

You can now set up AccountRight to automatically record payments to those automatically approved invoices and bills. 

This means that if a payment in your bank feed has been automatically matched and approved, AccountRight will now record the payment to it. The type of payment transaction that AccountRight creates depends on the type transaction that has been approved. A Receive Payment transaction is recorded against a customer invoice, a Pay Bills transaction is recorded against a supplier bill.  

So not only is the transaction ready to be reconciled, it’s been closed off too, saving you even more data entry.  

To turn this on, go to the Setup menu > Preferences Banking and select the new preference, Auto-allocate bank transactions to outstanding MYOB invoices or bills: 

Auto allocate.jpg

Note that: 

• your file needs to be online to use this feature 
  • you also need to select the Auto-approve bank transactions matched to MYOB transactions preference. 

Find out more 

For more information, see Approving a bank feed

Create suppliers in the MYOB Invoice app  

Working on the go is just part of life these days. That’s why the MYOB Invoice app is fast becoming the must-have app for AccountRight users.  

Not only can you create invoices and quotes and manage your customers, but you can now add and view your suppliers too. Contact management has never been easier. 

MYOB Inv app.png

All changes are synced with your online AccountRight file so you’re always working with the latest contact list. 

And it won’t stop here. We have lots more enhancements in the pipeline, so keep your MYOB Invoice app up to date. 

Find out more 

For more information, see Using the MYOB Invoice app 

Auto Forwarding to the In Tray from Gmail  

It’s easy to overlook supplier documents, like bills and receipts, that land in your email. Wouldn’t it be great if you could securely store those documents with your books without you having to lift a finger? 

The security requirements of Gmail have prevented users from setting up automatic forwarding of supplier documents to AccountRight’s In Tray.  

But with AccountRight 2020.1, you can now choose to forward all new attachments, or just certain ones. 

To set this up, enter your MYOB In Tray email address as a forwarding address in Gmail’s settings and send a verification code to In Tray Wait for MYOB to send the verification code back and then enter the code in your

Gmail account settings. 

In Tray Gmail.png

If you only want to forward certain kinds of messages to In Tray, you can create a filter in Gmail for these messages. 

Find out more 

For more information, see Emailing documents to your In Tray. 

Performance improvements 

Sometimes it’s the small things that make the biggest difference. This release includes some small changes and improvements to keep AccountRight running smoothly.  

Location selection in transactions  

Fixed: An issue has been fixed which was preventing some inventory locations being selected in transactions. 

Company file confirmation  

Fixed: We’ve fixed an issue which was preventing some company files being confirmed. 

Reports  

Fixed: We’ve fixed an issue that was causing some reports to crash. 

Viewing attachments  

Improvement: When viewing attachments, like In Tray documents or spend money and card attachments, they’ll now open in your default PDF viewer.  

How to update 

You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file, or you can download the AccountRight PC Edition now (subscription required).  

If you need a different version (Server Edition, MSI, or older versions), you can find it on the AccountRight downloads page.  

For detailed information about installing the latest version, see Getting the latest version 

15 Comments
Mel80
1 Post
User

New feature where documents open in PDF is a nightmare - how are people entering new creditor details such as bank abn, now have to switch between duplicate apps / screens? Works ok on duplicate screen but I don't think this feature is an upgrade - it was much easier when they appeared on same screen together for reconciliation purposes also. Also please can you revert date scroller back to how it was? To change between months is also frustrating - you need to keep clicking through until you get to the right month, the old date scroller allowed you to just select month, then date without clicking through each month - un-necessary and time consuming.

SGW
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Will it include the M_powered function for supplier payments? My bank account doesnt accept an ABA upload and I'm desperately waiting for this feature to be added.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mel80 

You could look at configuring the AccountRight and PDF Reader to appear on the one screen as follows:

This would allow you to see both the document and the transaction at the same time for additional entry purposes and review.

Attachment.PNG

A change to the way those documents are displayed also allows for the additional document to be printed directly once opening rather than saving first.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SGW 

Direct Payments is our new direct payment service that will allow payments to be made directly by electronic means rather than via ABA file is still currently in development with selected beta customers trialling that service. As such this is functionality is not included with the AccountRight 2020.1 version but is being worked on for future versions.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Still no emailing of receipts then? Or fixing of reports that lost field options in transfer from v19 to online?

Does this update include suggested changes to the in tray with option to only show transactions with no existing attachments?

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @Steven_M 

I note your comments regarding the Direct Payments service.  Given that the informaiton on this service was promoted as comming soon in Feb 2019, is there any time frame to release.

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner

Hi.

Wondering if anyone is having issues installing and utilising 2020.1 on a Windows  2016 Server.

The software installs okay but every time a file is opened on the local library (running the software on the server) it freezes with the message 'Not Reposonding' and eventually times out.

Same result occurs when running the software from a workstation and accessing a file on the Windows 2016 Server via the network library.

Thanks

someone
Trusted Cover User
112 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Performance improvements 

Sometimes it’s the small things that make the biggest difference. This release includes some small changes and improvements to keep AccountRight running smoothly.  

What or at least where were the improvements made?

It would help people to know if it improves when running in cloud, on-premise or both

D-C
8 Posts
Cover User

i agree with @Mel80 , please have an option to use the old way of Viewing attachments  

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Steven_M 

There has been some confusion about the fact that 2020.1 was released then held back.  Can you confirm the build number of the correct build of 2020.1 as I am not sure if some of my clients have an erlier build, or is there just one build that was off line for a period.

Thanks,

AlanT

P.S. also your comment about viewing the PDF is of no help if you only have one monitor as I do on my laptop when I am on-site at client's office.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT 

The latest build number of AccountRight 2020.1 is 2020.1.23.5508.  You can check you are running this build through opening a file and navigating to Help>>About AccountRight.

Generally speaking, this is the build that the majority of users would be running. If you are using an earlier build number of 2020.1, we do recommend completing a reinstalling using the latest installer - available on Getting the latest version.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Thanks @Steven_M 

It appears that I have the correct build.

AlanT

Hollywood89
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have upgrarded to 2020.1 but now i can't get my file to manually sync the first time, the sync keeps failing and i get an error message ?

CoralLee
3 Posts
User

Hi MYOB team, I upgraded to version 2020.1 early last week. Since then I am finding an issue in the Error Log when importing a excel csv file into Purchases - the Job Code is missing off the Error Log. Is anyone else experiencing this or is this a know issue in this version?

Tourism
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What happened to the reconciliation report option to print after reconciling?