Broken - User Permission Tooltips (popup descriptions)

RichD
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Broken - User Permission Tooltips (popup descriptions)

Hi MYOB Team,

The tooltip descriptions for Permissions don't work correctly.  When you mouse over a permission it either doesn't bring up any description or it displays a description from a previous one that was clicked.  Image attached.

MYOB Tooltip.png
10 REPLIES 10
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,379Posts

115Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Broken - User Permission Tooltips (popup descriptions)

Hi @RichD,

Thanks for your post. The issue you described regarding tooltip descriptions might be related to a technical issue or an inconsistency in the software's current version. What I would suggest is clearing your AccountRight cache to resolve potential software discrepancies Clearing the AccountRight Cache. Additionally, you can visit this help article for more information. Manage users

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RichD
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Earl,

Thanks for your response.  I cleared cache as per instructions, it still displays wrong information.  I don't think there's anything wrong with our program or company file, I think it's just normal behaviour.  Could you please try to reproduce at your end?

Steps

- Go to: Setup > User Access > Manage Roles

- Mouse over one of the information icons "i" to display correct text.

- Then mouse over any other permission & it will display previous text.

MYOB Tooltip.png
MYOB Tooltip 02.png
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @RichD,

Thank you for your post.

I totally get that you're dealing with a frustrating situation where even after following the cache-clearing instructions, the program is still acting up. To lend a hand, I've gone ahead and reset the file for you. Before you check, would you mind logging out and then logging back in? If that doesn't do the trick, could you please uninstall and reinstall the app?

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

RichD
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Princess,

It's not particularly frustrating, it's a minor problem.  It was just confusing at first until I realised it was showing the same description for everyting.

I've logged out & back in.  It hasn't fixed it.

Before I consder reinstalling..., as per my message to Earl, I think it's actually normal behaviour, so could you please try to reproduce the error at your end?  There's instructions in my previous message.  Thanks.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @RichD,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting by logging out and back in. Upon replicating this on my end, it appears to be a normal behavior of how the software describes each feature's function.

For instance, hovering over the "i" icon in the sales section only reveals a single description text up to the "Print receipt" feature. Similarly, moving the cursor to the "i" icon under Sales and Purchase down to the "Settle returns and credit" feature also displays just one description text. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

RichD
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Princess,

So to summarise, once you mouse over an "i" icon it will display that description (incorrectly) for every other permission until you mouse over another "i" icon.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,534 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,534Posts

46Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @RichD

I appreciate your asking for clarification. Those descriptions are not literally showing incorrectly. In the user access settings of AccountRight, a description pops up when you move your cursor over an "i" icon. This description remains the same for all permissions until you move your cursor over another "i" icon. The description will only change if the next one is not the same as the one before.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RichD
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Shella,

You wrote: "Those descriptions are not literally showing incorrectly."

Please refer to attached image.  I'm confident that 'incorrect' is a fair & reasonable description.  You can call it what you like though :-).

Screenshot 2024-04-19 170109.png
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,534 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,534Posts

46Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @RichD,

I appreciate you sharing the image. I noticed the descriptions on your system don't align with what you expected, and you've labeled them as 'incorrect'. It may not be the exact wording you were hoping for, but it does show a connection between them. I'll continue to examine it closely and see if there are any discrepancies. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

In the meantime, I recommend starting a new post again for any immediate assistance you may need.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post