Payroll register & Payroll summary not balancing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sonya0202
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll register & Payroll summary not balancing

Hi

I am having trouble balancing my STP, Payroll Register and Payroll Activity statements.

I have one employee whose YTD Annual leave, leave loading and personal leave are not showing on the Payroll register and STP however is correct on the Payroll Activity statement.  All other employess are correct.

I have run zero payruns, however this one employee is still not balancing.  any ideas on how to fix problem?

13 REPLIES 13
HarrisSmoke
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll register & Payroll summary not balancing

I am having the same issue for 3 employees.  Like you i have worked out which payroll items are not in the totals for wach staff member. So it appears this will be a wide spread problem.  

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @Sonya0202 @HarrisSmoke,

Thank you for your posts. 

I would recommend following the below link to assist you in resolving this issue:

Do reach out if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Sonya0202
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately, The scenarios do not match

1. It is only affecting one employee not everyone who has those categories

2. I have not made any adjustments through employee card file

3. It is the Annual leave, Leave Loading and personal leave that is causing the issue not ETP

4. I did terminate employee on MYOB (not in STP) however I have reactivated and tried to run zero payrun several times which worked for several other employees also not balancing in the same manner - unfortunatley still no success.

5. My payroll register summary and my Payroll Activity and verification reports are not balancing

6. Time is running out on this now, need to get the payroll done and rolled for year end.

Any further ideas

Sonya

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @Sonya0202,

Thanks for letting me know. 

So that I can investigate this further with you, could you please provide screenshots of the reports - Payroll Register [Detail] report, Payroll Activity [Detail] report, and the Employee's Summary of Payments report (EOFY tab in STP)? 

Please hide and remove any personal employee details from the screenshots. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Sonya0202
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam

As the information is company sensitive, do you have an email address I can send information to?

Regards

Sonya

HarrisSmoke
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Please see attached reports showing figures from MYOB and STP.  I have added comments.  PLease let me know if you require anything further in order to assist.

Regards Kathy

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @HarrisSmoke,

Thank you for sending these details through, I will investigate these and let you know how I go.

@Sonya0202, If you prefer, please send these attachments via private message

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @HarrisSmoke,

As I can see from your screenshots, the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity do not reconcile with each other, and if this happens it generally indicates that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History in the employee card. To resolve this, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was, then process a $0 pay dated 30 June to update STP.

Once these 2 reports match, the STP reports should also balance. 

Do let me know how you go and if you require further assistance. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

HarrisSmoke
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the repsonse.  I am the only one that uses our file and I have not done any manual adjustment to the 3 affected employees.  Could you see from the Payroll Activity (Detail) report that it was some of the Payroll Categories that were not included in the total in STP.  These are all terminated employees that have at some stage during the FY returned as casuals.  It appears that the categories that are now no longer applicable as they casual are the ones that are now not included in STP reporting. How is Pay History adjusted?

Thanks

Kathy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post