Forum Discussion

HappyJohns
Experienced Cover User
8 months ago

STP Phase 2 Account right Payroll Reporting

Hi,

I run my software offline and have been reporting my phase 2 STP from my desktop to the ATO via my internet connection for quite some time now.

I just receive an email from MYOB that is stating I have not moved to STP phase 2 reporting (although "check payroll details" is all good.

I wish to stayoff and not run my accounts online.

Must I carryout my payroll online now?

thanks

Rob

10 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HappyJohns

Thanks for your post. 

We understand that you are having trouble setting up STP Phase 2, however for us to successfully move in to STP Phase 2 we need to put our company file online. We also need to move to STP Phase 2 to stay compliant with the ATO. If you're still having trouble setting up you may check this help article, getting stated to STP Phase 2 that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

HappyJohns
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your reply. However I don't think you have answered my question.

From all indications i am setup for phase 2.

Why do I need to be online and for that matter using your web brouser?

Regards

Rob

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi HappyJohns

Thanks for the response. 

We understand there seems to be some confusion about this. However, you'll complete the move to STP Phase 2 online (via a web browser) so you can integrate with the ATO's online services. This is only possible if your company file is online. If your company file is offline (saved on your computer or a network server), you'll need to put your company file online to move to STP Phase 2. All the other details about this are in the previous help article I provided in my previous response.

Let us know if you need further help. 

Cheers,

Shella